All images and text on this blog are copyright Gabrielle Fine unless otherwise noted. Use without permission is a violation of copyright law. Please contact the artist to obtain permission for any use (commercial or otherwise.) Thank you.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

All this digital stuff is fun and all, but...

...dammit, I need to print!
I'm going crazy here. The last time I was in a darkroom was in January. I keep having visions of things I want to print. I have stacks of negatives untouched. There is a darkroom 2 blocks from my house that offers 24/7 access for $100 a month. I want to do it. I really want to. But I don't have an extra $100 a month. And I have to be practical...I'm receiving financial assistance already for going back to school, essentially, to learn all this nifty digital stuff and some illustration, so that I can become an even more self-supporting artist with an even broader range of skills...But I wanna PRINT! I want to mess around with smelly chemicals in very subdued light. I want to stand in one place agitating a Lith print for 10 to 20 minutes at a time. I want to do "the hard way" all the things I'm learning to do with just a click of the mouse in Photoshop.
(Ok, it really takes more than one click...but that sounded better in the flow of the writing. Sue me.)

No comments: