All images and text on this blog are copyright Gabrielle Fine unless otherwise noted. Use without permission is a violation of copyright law. Please contact the artist to obtain permission for any use (commercial or otherwise.) Thank you.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 3

Ugggggh. Sleep did not work out. Again. After waking up every 2 hours again, I woke up at 5:30 and could not get back to sleep. At all. Finally got out of bed around 7, caught an earlier bus downtown and went to Stumptown for coffee. Which may or may not have been a good idea. Anyway, I made it through class, had some decent pizza for lunch and then on the afternoon break I prowled around the center of downtown, or what my map informed me is the "Cultural District." The art museum and the Oregon Historical Society were both closed on Mondays, but the park was nice, and riding the streetcar was fun. It was really quick to get from the NW to the SW end. (Seattle, take note.)
I'm not sure where I got the energy to do all that. After wanting to take a nap in the afternoon lectures (they weren't boring-I just am too tired!) I walked down to Powell's and checked out their graphic novel section, then figured out where Voodoo Donuts is (and that they are now open 24 hours, so I'm going there first thing in the morning) and found the Middle Eastern place where we ate last time we were here. It was very good. I had a combo plate with hummus, baba ghanouj, falafels, tahini, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves and yogurt cucumber salad.

IMG_8111

More later...

No comments: